Saturday 20 October 2007

Shepherd Pie


I always like potato, no matter how it cooked or made I'll take all in *hahaha* but I'm not greedy, hehehe. Always want to make pies. I missed those pies sold in woolloomolo, sydney *hikshiks* Imagine how tasty they are even me who don't like green peas ate the pie everytime going there *day dreaming eating the pie*


I took the recipe from m-corner *again...hehehe*. Looks like very easy to make. When making my shopping list for Hainanese Chick Rice, I listed this one also just in case if my mood jumps in instantly while at the supermarket *hihihi* and it did. So after ate the chick rice, I have gained my energy to make this Sherpherd Pie :)


Sherpherd Pie
Source: m-corner


Ingredients:

750 gr red potatoes, cut into chunks
3 large cloves garlic, peeled
3/4 cup Sour Cream
1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, divided
400-500 gr extra lean ground beef *I used only 400 gr*
2 Tbsp. flour
4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots and bell peppers, thawed *I skipped this one, mom *hehehe*
3/4 cup beef broth
2 Tbsp. ketchup -----I added around 5 tbsps of ketchup, salt, pepper and sugar to your taste *remember always to taste when cooking :)

How to:

1. COVER potatoes and garlic with water in large saucepan.
Bring to boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 min. or until potatoes are very tender. Drain; return to saucepan with sour cream.
Mash to desired consistency. Stir in 1/4 cup of the Cheddar cheese.

2. PREHEAT oven to 180°C.
Brown meat in large nonstick skillet. Stir in flour; cook 1 min. Add vegetables, broth and ketchup; continue cooking 5 min.SPOON meat mixture into 8-inch square baking dish.
Cover with mashed potatoes. Bake 18 min.; *it took me more than this cause I my oven is bottom heater, which is hard to get the potato turns golden*
sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese.
Bake an additional 2 min. or until heated through and cheese is melted. *I don't want to get the bottom meat burnt so after 2 minutes I left the pie in the oven with door closed to get the cheeder turns golden colour*


No comments: