2 cups sugar (caster sugar)
2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup oil
3.5 cups shredded carrot *500 g of carrot
1/2 cup almonds *I skipped this
Raisins (1 small box – 1.5 oz) *Out of stock :p
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease a 13x9 inch cake pan (or two 9 inch round pan), dust with flour. *I prepared 32 paper cups, no need to grease and dusting :)
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Fold in the flour mixture until just combined.
5. Fold in the carrots, oil, almonds and raisins until combined.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean – about 45 minutes. *Cupcake style takes around 30 minutes*
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING*
Mix together, until smooth:
1 tbsp (20gr) butter
4 oz cream cheese
1 tbsp vanilla * I used vanilla extract like crystals and will not use this again :(
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup icing sugar
I made the recipe with cupcakes style, and the frosting is not enough to frost all 32 cupcakes. So I suggest if you want to do it cupcake style you should double the frosting recipe.