Chiffon Ketan Item (Black Sticky Rice Chiffon)
Source: Kueh Ruri - adapted from NCC)
200 ml Egg whites - around 5 eggs
150 g Sugar
1/2 tsp salt
5 Egg yolks
100 ml Coconut cream
75 ml Vegetable oil
150 g Sticky rice flour, sifted
1. Place sticky rice flour in a large mixing bowl and make hole in the middle.
2. Pour in egg yolks, vegetable oil and coconut cream.
3. Whisk in one direction until smooth.
4. Mix together egg whites, sugar and salt. Beat in high speed until thickenned.
5. Mix egg whites mixture with flour mixture using a spatula until well combined.
6. Pour into ungreased chiffon pan. Bake with 180 C for +/- 50 minutes. You can touch the cake and if it springs back then it meant to be done.
7. Once done take out from oven immediately and place it upside down until cool, then release from the pan.
Upside Down Pineapple Cake
Source: v-recipes taken from Better Homes and Gardens India, April 2008
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp water
6-8 1/2 inch thick slices fresh pineapple, cored and halved
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (i skipped this one cause personally i'm not into the smell :p)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup milk
3 carrots, finely shredded (1 1/2 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a 9x9x2 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or oil; set aside.
2. In a small sauce pan, combine brown sugar, 2 tbsp butter, and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to boiling and is smooth. Pour in prepared pan; tilt to evenly coat bottom. Arrange pineapple slices over top.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter on medium-high for 30 seconds. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until combined; beat 2 minutes more. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and 3/4 cup milk; beat on low after each just until combined. Stir in carrots. Spread batter over pineapple.
5. Bake 45 minutes or until golden and wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan on the rack for 5 minutes. Invert on platter. Cool 30 minutes.
Banana Cake, please refer to here. For the last batch I added left over grated cheddar cheese from the time I made my carbonara :p.