Tuesday 16 October 2007

Satay, satay and satay

For the long weekend, probably the longest holiday we can have of the year I prepared chicken satay, pork satay and beef satay for our BBQ nite at Puncak. I thought instead of doing nothing and just playing cards for the whole day at the villa until our hands cram *hahaha* so... I thought it'd be fun to entertain ourselves at nite :)

I got these satays ready days before since I only have time at night after work. You know that small meat cubes and satay skewers are killer? *hahaha* I experienced that, my left hand was in pain the day after like you've been lifting heavy stuff. I got some marinades from the website. I like most the beef satay, recipe from "kedai hamburg"... delicious, of course it has honey in it and not many other ingredients to keep the beef taste. But some like the pork satay, I guess it depends, huh? For the chicken, I choose to do it Malaysian style. It's not the matter of which one taste better, but I guess we are used to with the Indonesian taste which is more plain than the Malay *hihihi* And Indonesian chick satay uses "kecap manis" my favorite *hehehe*, I guess you can tell why now... Just in case you guys would like to try, check out below.

Sweet Pork Satay
Idea taken from: cikciks' blog

Ingredients:

1 kg Pork, cut into cubes or any other size or shape you like :)
Satay skewers

To marinade, blend all together and let the meat marinaded overnight:
100g pecan
2 tbsps coriander seeds, stir fried w/o oil for couple of minutes until fragrant
2 fingers galingale, grated
1 finger turmeric
16 shallots
8 cloves of garlic
4 lime, squeeze the juice
200g palm sugar
10 tbsps sweet soy sauce "kecap manis"
6 tbsps soya sauce "kecap asin"

Chicken Satay
Taken from one of the fellow Malaysian's blog

Ingredients:
4 chunks of chicken breasts, cut into cubes or any size or shape you like :)
Satay skewers
To marinade, blend all ingredients become paste and add in 4 tbsps sweet soy sauce "kecap manis" and 1 tbsp oyster sauce and marinade overnight:
1 tbsp coriander seeds
2 inch ginger
3 cloves garlic
6 shallots
2 tbsps turmeric
2 stalks lemon grass
4 tbsps oil

Honey Beef Satay
Source: kedai hamburg

Ingredients:
500g beef, cut into cubes or any size or shape you like :)
Satay skewers

To marinade, blend all together and marinade the meat overnight before arrange them on the skewers:
1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tbsps sweet soy sauce "kecap manis"
2 tbsps oil
4 tbsps honey

No comments: