These muffins made kindda demonstration to my uncles and unties *hehehe* And they were impressed. I considered it was a success, my untie said will order the same one someday to take to her Vihara gathering :)
Same muffin, same recipe as I tried before with "The nothing muffin" from v-recipe. Only this time I thought green tea and dark chocolate would be a perfect match.
The Nothing Muffin
Taken from v-recipe (originally from Muffin Mania by Cathy Prange & Joan Pauli)
1 cup all purpose flour (I cut 2tbsps of flour and add 2 tbsps of milk powder)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter/margarine, melted
1. Stir together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt & sugar).
2. Add melted butter and beaten egg to milk.
3. Add liquid ingredients to dry, stirring only to moisted.To this batter, add anything you have on the shelf- chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, fruit, nuts, etc.orAdd nothing & serve with your scrambled eggs for breakfast with your favorite homemade jam or jelly. At this point devide the mixture into 2 even portions and add green tea powder to one portion. Fill the muffin cups with the nothing portion till 1/2 full and spoon in the green tea mixture on the top till 3/4 of the cups.
Bakmi is always our favorite. My choice is "bakmi lebar" or wide nooddle *is this english?* hehehe. Simple and yummy. I think it's everyone's favorite. As usual I don't know how to tell you how much to put, just some rough measurement to guide you. I also told from a friend's mom who likes to cook very much that you only need garlic, fish sauce and cooking wine for the meat. So, that's my guide this time.
Early morning I asked my mom to come along to the market, which I always do cause she knows how to grade good pork and can bargain *hahaha* I need to learn the skill. I grew up in "supermarket" era, fixed price and no bargain *hihihi*
Things you need to prepare:
Minced Pork * I bought 1 kg* Egg nooddle Fish Sauce *4 tbsps* Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap manis) *3 tbsps* Sugar, salt and pepper Cooking wine *2 tbsps* Garlic, chopped *4 cloves* Vegetable and wonton as extras Oil
- Heat oil and stir fry garlic until fragrant and put in the meat. Keep stirring until cook and add in fish sauce, cooking wine, sugar, kecap manis, salt and pepper. Give it a taste. Set aside.
- In a serving bowl, prepare 1 or 2 tbsps of oil, 1 tbsp of fish sauce and a little bit of pepper. Set aside. In a medium pan boil enough water, put in the nooddle and let it boil once more. Drained and put in the prepared serving bowl. Stir throughly. You can also arrange vegetable and wonton on the nooddle if you like. Spoon the meat on top.
- Meat can be prepared and refrigerated. Cook the nooddle just before serving.
This is trully magical cream dessert *hihihi* Any one knows why everything creamy always delicious?? This is a must try. The comment is always why you didn't fill the cup with more?? hahaha. My nieces had 3 cups each. Can you imagine a little skinny girl can eats that much? I bet you can tell how tasty this is. Strawberry Cream Magic taken from anne's kitchen. Thanks, Anne for always let other people copy and paste your posted recipes *hihihi* You know that even my friend's mom said "eppie's made is more delicious than this bought cake from bakery shop" ooohhhh... I'm flying *hehehe* Please do try. For those don't wanna, enjoy the pictures :)
Strawberry Cream Magic
Source: Anne's kitchen (originally from Cooking show Majalah Sedap
Base Ingredients: 3 eggs, separate the yolks and whites
2 tbsps water
1/2 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
70 gr low protein flour
50 gr sugar
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp cream of tartar
50 gr sugar
2 tbsps strawberry jam
2 tbsps water
300 gr fresh strawberries, sliced
100 gr sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tbsps low protein flour
200 ml evaporated milk *I put 300ml*
300 ml water *I put 200ml*
150 gr cream cheese, soften using a fork
2 tbsps unsalted butter
Topping: * for instant way like I did, just use canned whip cream :)
100 gr whippy powder
200 ml ice water
100 gr fresh strawberries
- Base: Whisk the egg yolks, water, honey and vanilla essence. Pour into sifted flour and baking powder and keep stirring. Add in sugar. Stir well. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar till soft rise. Add in sugar while keep beating till harden.
- Pour the egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture in batches while keep stirring. Pour into 28x28x3 pan lined with parchment paper without greased. Oven for 15 minutes in 190 C.
- Strawberry sauce: heat strawberry jam with water until boil and thicknned. Add in strawberry slices. Cook until soften. Set aside.
- Cheese vla: Mix sugar, egg yolk and flour. Pour in the evaporated milk and water in steady steam and keep stirring. Bring to boil on low heat until thickenned. Add in the cream cheese and butter until the butter melted. Take aside from the heat.
- Finishing: prepare glasses. Put a slice of the cake as the base. Spoon in the strawberry sauce on the cake. Pour in the cheese vla on the strawberry sauce.
- Topping: Whip whippy powder with ice water until soft. Pipe on to the cheese vla. Decorate with strawberry.
I know why can't I lose weight. I always tempted by other's food blog *hihihi* and curious what it tastes like. I put aside this recipe long time. I said to myself I definitely will try this sometimes. And I did. Yesterday, as usual my weekend always spent in the kitchen *hehehe* But since this is cooking, so I didn't really follow the measurement exactly :) Anyhow, I'll make your browsing easier by posting it below.
Baked Bolognese Pasta
Source: gift from the kitchen
500gr penne atau spiral pasta 2 tbsps olive/canola oil 1 Onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, chopped 500 gr thin sliced chicken or minced chicken, minced beef or Tuna 1x 410 canned tomatoes or 4 medium size tomatoes, chopped 2 tbsps tomato paste * I put more tomato sauce instead* ¾ cup chicken broth 1 tsp dried oregano 1 tsp dried basil 3 tsps sugar or to your taste 1 tsp salt or to your taste 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese *I used other cheese* 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese or can be replaced with cheddar
1.Cook pasta following the instruction on the package. Drained and set aside.
2.Heat oil, add in onion and garlic. Stir fried until soft and fragrant, add in the meat. Cook until turns brown. Add in tomato, tomato paste, chicken broth, oregano, basil, salt and sugar. Cook until the sauce thickenned on low heat.
3. Add in the pasta. Let cook for a minute on low heat. Turn the heat off and add in tasty cheese / cheddar cheese. Stir well.
4. Put pasta into a heat proof dish and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese on the top. Oven with top heater until the cheese melted and brown.