Tausan (Peeled greenpeal "kacang hijau kupas" as seen on the picture)
Saturday, 26 July 2008
1. Heat some oil and add in garlic, stir until fragrant. Add in onion and capsicum. Cook until soften.
2. Add in mince beef and cook until it turns brown. Add in blended tomatoes and tomato sauce.
3. Put in the seasonings to suit your taste. Let it cook until thickened. Serve with your choice of pasta.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
Wednesday, 2 July 2008
Makes about 7 dozen
2 cups finely ground graham crackers (from 15 rectangles) * I replaced with other butter cracker*
3 cups (10 ounces) finely shredded unsweetened coconut
5 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped * I used dark chocolate and whatever left :p*
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 stick ( 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cut into 2-inch pieces, plus more for pan
3 large eggs plus 5 large egg yolks
12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan. Line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 sides. Butter parchment.
2. Stir together graham cracker crumbs and 2 cups coconut.
3. Place chocolates and 3 tablespoons sugar in a heatproof bowl, and set over a pan of simmering water. Heat, stirring, until melted. Add butter, and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly. Whisk in 1 egg.
4. Stir chocolate mixture into coconut mixture. Press evenly into prepared pan. Bake until set, 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool in pan.
5. Using a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat cream cheese and remaining cup sugar on high speed until very smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to medium, and add egg yolks and remaining 2 eggs, 1 at a time, until well combined. Scrape sides of bowl. Beat on medium-high speed until completely smooth, about 3 minutes.
6. Pass mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, and stir until smooth. Pour over cooled crust. Sprinkle remaining cup coconut evenly over the top.
7. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until top layer is just set and coconut is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate, loosely covered, overnight.
8. Run a sharp knife around edges of pan, and use parchment to lift out cheesecake. Run a knife under hot water, and dry well. Use it to cut cheesecake into 1-inch squares, wiping knife clean between cuts. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.