Sunday 4 November 2007

Baked Pasta


I know why can't I lose weight. I always tempted by other's food blog *hihihi* and curious what it tastes like. I put aside this recipe long time. I said to myself I definitely will try this sometimes. And I did. Yesterday, as usual my weekend always spent in the kitchen *hehehe* But since this is cooking, so I didn't really follow the measurement exactly :) Anyhow, I'll make your browsing easier by posting it below.


Baked Bolognese Pasta
Source: gift from the kitchen

Ingredients:

500gr penne atau spiral pasta
2 tbsps olive/canola oil
1 Onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
500 gr thin sliced chicken or minced chicken, minced beef or Tuna
1x 410 canned tomatoes or 4 medium size tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsps tomato paste * I put more tomato sauce instead*
¾ cup chicken broth
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
3 tsps sugar or to your taste
1 tsp salt or to your taste
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese *I used other cheese*
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese or can be replaced with cheddar


Directions:

1.Cook pasta following the instruction on the package. Drained and set aside.


2.Heat oil, add in onion and garlic. Stir fried until soft and fragrant, add in the meat. Cook until turns brown. Add in tomato, tomato paste, chicken broth, oregano, basil, salt and sugar. Cook until the sauce thickenned on low heat.


3. Add in the pasta. Let cook for a minute on low heat. Turn the heat off and add in tasty cheese / cheddar cheese. Stir well.


4. Put pasta into a heat proof dish and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese on the top. Oven with top heater until the cheese melted and brown.


No comments: