Saturday 10 November 2007

Pork Wonton Nooddle a.k.a Bakmi Pangsit

Bakmi is always our favorite. My choice is "bakmi lebar" or wide nooddle *is this english?* hehehe. Simple and yummy. I think it's everyone's favorite. As usual I don't know how to tell you how much to put, just some rough measurement to guide you. I also told from a friend's mom who likes to cook very much that you only need garlic, fish sauce and cooking wine for the meat. So, that's my guide this time.


Early morning I asked my mom to come along to the market, which I always do cause she knows how to grade good pork and can bargain *hahaha* I need to learn the skill. I grew up in "supermarket" era, fixed price and no bargain *hihihi*


Things you need to prepare:

Minced Pork * I bought 1 kg*
Egg nooddle
Fish Sauce *4 tbsps*
Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap manis) *3 tbsps*
Sugar, salt and pepper
Cooking wine *2 tbsps*
Garlic, chopped *4 cloves*
Vegetable and wonton as extras
Oil


- Heat oil and stir fry garlic until fragrant and put in the meat. Keep stirring until cook and add in fish sauce, cooking wine, sugar, kecap manis, salt and pepper. Give it a taste. Set aside.


- In a serving bowl, prepare 1 or 2 tbsps of oil, 1 tbsp of fish sauce and a little bit of pepper. Set aside. In a medium pan boil enough water, put in the nooddle and let it boil once more. Drained and put in the prepared serving bowl. Stir throughly. You can also arrange vegetable and wonton on the nooddle if you like. Spoon the meat on top.


- Meat can be prepared and refrigerated. Cook the nooddle just before serving.

No comments: