Tuesday 3 July 2007

Egg Tart

Perhaps I'm the only person on earth that not crazy for Egg Tart. But... I like the tart crust though. So..., never had it in my mind to keep the recipe. Until I met with my bf :) , we are like "complement" to each other. I like egg white, he likes the yolk. I like the crust, he likes the egg tart's filling. PERFECT ! :)

So.... after asking me to make egg tart many times (I think too many..... :p), here I am... making it upon his special request..... cuz he is SPECIAL :)

My First Egg Tart, don't remember where I got the recipe from but it turned out yummy...except 1 thing, 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence is too much (next time I'll add less :p) for me. But I guess it comes back to the person's taste. My bf thinks it was okay... (of course.... for him, everything with vanilla flavour is tastier than other flavour hehehe). He said, seriously this is "very yummy". phew..... I'm glad he said that. It made the pain suddenly gone and felt that it was all worth it ( I got a burn on my finger when taking out the egg tarts from oven :( ...) When preparing the baking, I wasn't sure how it will turn out but I baked with my passion for baking and love one. Relying on the saying that if you make something for your love one, automatically you add in "LOVE" in the recipe, and that makes it perfect and you can not find it anywhere else. That is so.....TRUE :) The recipe is already perfect as it is, but it makes even more perfect.



Egg Tart
Makes 12
Tart Crust
150 g All purpose flour
2 tbsp Maizena
1 1/2 tbsp Castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 Egg yolk
100 g Butter

Custart (Filling)
2 Eggs
1 tbsp Condense milk
Pinch of salt
100 ml Evaporated milk
200 ml Water
2 tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence

1. Mix all crust ingredients till become a dough.
2. Roll the dough to thin, and press into each tart pans. Set aside.
3. Well mixed the eggs, condense milk and salt.
4. Heat evaporated milk, water and sugar. Let it cool. Then pour in the egg mixture. Add in vanilla essence.
5. Fill the prepared tarts with the egg and milk mixture.
6. Bake in the oven with 180 C for 25 minutes.

No comments: