Thursday 7 February 2008

Green Tea Sweets_CNY baking 1

I just wanted to bake simple cookies for this Chinese New Year. I have so little time and so many things to do :( Since I have plenty green tea in my cupboard, so I chosen the recipe from "Gift from the kitchen". It looks delicious and pretty green colour. I thought it would be good to add colour instead of our family normal baking. So here they are. They are nice and not too sweet.



Green Tea Sweets
Source: Gifts from the kitchen (original: Kelli Bernard)


Ingredients:

3/4 cup (2.25 oz) Confectioners sugar---> 70 gr
5 oz Unsalted butter, cut into cubes---> 145 gr
1 3/4 cup (8.5 oz) All-purpose flour---> 240 gr
3 Large egg yolks
1.5 TBS Matcha (powdered green tea)---> I only used 5 tsp
1 cup Granulated sugar (for coating)



Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.

Whisk the confectioner’s sugar and green tea together in a bowl.
Add the butter and green tea/sugar mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until smooth and light in color.

Add the flour and mix until well combined.
Add the egg yolks and mix just until the eggs are fully incorporated and a mass forms.

Form the dough into a disk and chill in the refrigerator until firm (about 30 minutes).

Roll the dough out to ½” thickness.
Cut the dough with a leaf cookie cutter. (I don't have that cutter so I picked my pear shape :p)

Toss each cut cookie in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat.
Place the sugar-coated cookie on a parchment lined pan. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges.

No comments: