Friday 8 February 2008

Afghan Biscuits

My CNY baking 4. This is the last baking of the day. The Afghan Biscuits *also from the same source :) v-recipes* To be honest, I actually in rushed and forgotten to taste them, no need to worry, I still keep a box for myself :)
But I'm sure they are delicious. I heard from my untie it was the kids' favourite when they *pay nien* to my house :)




Afghan Biscuits
Source: v-recipes


Preparation time : 15 minutes, Total Cooking time : 20 minutes.Makes 25.


150 gr unsalted butter
1/3 cup soft brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
1 1/2 cups lightly crushed cornflakes ( not too chunky)
1/2 cup (100 g) choc dots / dark chopped chocolate.


Preheat oven to moderate 180 C. Line a biscuit tray with baking paper.


1. Using electric beaters, beat butter and sugar in small mixing bowl until light & creamy. Add egg and essence, beat thoroughly. Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl; add sifted flour and cocoa, coconut and cornflakes. Using a metal spoon, stir until ingredients are just combined and the mixture is almost smooth.

2. Drop one level tablespoon (sy pake 1/2 tablespoon) of mixture at a time onto prepared tray. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow biscuits to cool on tray.


3. Place choc dots into small heatproof bowl. Stand over pan of simmering water and stir until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Dip tops of biscuits into chocolate; allow set.


source: Biscuits & Slices, Periplus.

No comments: