Saturday 15 December 2007

Carrot Cupcake with Creamcheese Frosting

I finally got these paper cups *YAY YAY* I've been looking for them and finally one day when I browsed to "mba yulia's" blog, I was lucky she just posted that she is going to sell them and she was waiting for the cups to arrive. I texted her to order right away. And YES!! I have them now after struggling to pick up the cups. I wanted to get it as soon as possible just to be able to use them for baking beautiful cupcakes as the others *hehehe* To tell you the truth, I snicked out from my office to go to her husband's office to pick the cups *hihihi* I was lucky my boss suddenly have appointment. The minute after he stepped put the office, I quickly ran down and stop a taxy. Anyway, thanks, mba yulia. I'll check out your blog more often, who knows you have more new items coming up *hehehe*


So, today I'm showing off *hahaha* my beautiful carrot cupcakes... Actually I have baked them before but with different recipe. This time I decided to try vania's carrot cake. My friend also recommended her recipe. So, I thought why not of making them in my new paper cups?! So, here you go, they look so pretty I couldn't stop taking photos of them *hihihi* That's why gonna find out the reason that this post taking you ages to download *hahaha*

My comment for this recipe is the creamcheese frosting. It didn't say what kind of vanilla so I used vanilla extract in powder form. The vanilla extract taste bitter and weird in the creamcheese mixture. Next time, I would pass it or shall I use other form vanilla?? *we'll see dech!!*. The bitter taste has ruined my delicious carrot cake. The carrot cake is the moist carrot cake I ever had. It tastes better than the other recipe that I had tried before. And next time, I will definitely stick to this one.




Carrot Cupcake with Creamcheese Frosting
Source: Vania's


5 eggs
2 cups sugar (caster sugar)
2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup oil
3.5 cups shredded carrot *500 g of carrot
1/2 cup almonds *I skipped this
Raisins (1 small box – 1.5 oz) *Out of stock :p


1. Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease a 13x9 inch cake pan (or two 9 inch round pan), dust with flour. *I prepared 32 paper cups, no need to grease and dusting :)

2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.

3. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

4. Fold in the flour mixture until just combined.

5. Fold in the carrots, oil, almonds and raisins until combined.

6. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean – about 45 minutes. *Cupcake style takes around 30 minutes*


CREAM CHEESE FROSTING*

Mix together, until smooth:
1 tbsp (20gr) butter
4 oz cream cheese
1 tbsp vanilla * I used vanilla extract like crystals and will not use this again :(
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup icing sugar

*Notes:
I made the recipe with cupcakes style, and the frosting is not enough to frost all 32 cupcakes. So I suggest if you want to do it cupcake style you should double the frosting recipe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where can i get cupcake cases like that? I've been looking for ages! Thanks!

Epilicious said...

I heard that these paper cups easily found in sg. If your r in jakarta you can get it from chefwannabe.wordpress.com or www.solocup.com.