Sunday 2 December 2007

Gloutious Sticky Rice Balls a.k.a Wedang Ronde

The idea came by when having lunch at Plaza Bapindo's food court. I always take a minute or two to stop by at the convenience store there. So, I look around at got few blocks of Ting-Ting nuts on hand when I about to check out at the cashier.


So, I thought why not to try vania's wedang ronde recipe since it is similar to our traditional Onde-Onde made by my granddad for one of the chinese traditional event where all of must at least must eat them at the number according to our age *hihihi* I really don't know does it only im my family or same as the others :) Lucky my granddad made was tiny balls and easily to eat for 29 *hahaha* And my granddad's onde-onde has no filling, it's a plain one with colours.


Wedang Ronde
Taken from: vania's


Ingredients

150 gr sticky rice flour
1/2 tsp salt
150 ml water, at room temperature
1 1/2 tsps "kapur sirih" water * I dont know what is this so I skipped it*
3 drops of red and green colouring
75 gr enting2 (Ting-Ting) coarsely mashed

Ginger Soup

750 ml water
150 gr sugar
3 pandan leaves, cut into 2 or 3 cm length
25 lime leaves
50 gr ginger, roughly mashed


1. Mix flour, salt and water. *and also Kapur Sirih water if you are using*. Mix until the mixture can be formed into small balls. Divide mixture into 3 parts. 1 part left uncoloured as white, 1 part is given red and 1 part is given green.
2. Form into small balls, fill with Ting-Ting. Drop each balls into boilling water and cook until the balls came up to the surface. Drained and let it soak in drinking water to avoid them sticking to each other.
3. The soup: Boil water, sugar, pandan leaves, lime leaves and ginger. Take out the ingredients and left only the water and put back to the heat until boil. Set aside.
4. Serving: put few sticky rice balls into serbing bowl or glass, spoon in the ginger soup. Serve hot. *suit best when the weather is chill...*




No comments: