Sunday 2 December 2007

Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies

I have creamcheese left over in my fridge and didn't want it spoiled. And I always love cheese, everykind of cheese :p So, I looked through my magic book and found this recipe, Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies, that I have kept for awhile, taken from Anne's kitchen blog. Thanks, Anne. It was turn out surprisingly delicious. Even a picky kind of kid chosen to eat few slices instead of our lunch at the Court Yard in PI :) But mine doesn't look good as Anne's one but the taste is not less than hers *hehehe* You know why?? I made this at night time and silly me to fall asleep while baking :p




Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies
taken from: Anne's Kitchen (originally from: Buku ‘Kue Kering Potong’ oleh Indriani)

150 g dark cooking chocolate, cut into cubes
2 tbsps butter / margarine
125 g flour
½ tsp baking powder
3 eggs
1 ½ tsps vanilla
250 g sugar
75 g walnut/cashew, coarsely chopped
75 g cream cheese, soften at room temperature



Direction :


1. Heat oven to 150 ℃. Butter 20x20x3 cm pan with margarine.


2. Melt chocolate and butter, set aside.


3. Mix all together the flour, baking powder dan ½ tsp of salt.


4. In a mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs and 1 tsp of vanilla. Gradually add 175 g of sugar. Keep beating until thickened and yellow. Add in the dry ingredients mixture to the egg mixture. Mix well. Add in the chocolate mixture, chopped nuts and mix throughly. * I skipped the nuts*


5. Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until fluffy. Add in the remaining eggs and 1/2 tsp of vanilla.


6. Pour half of the chocolate mixture into prepared pan, top with cream cheese mixture and remaining chocolate mixture. Using a fork or skewer to draw a marble pattern. Oven for 30 minutes. Let cool and slice. * It actually took me 1 hour to bake and still not really done well when I inserted a toothpick, so I decide to turn off the heat and left it for awhile in the oven with the door closed. And that's when I fell asleep :p and get it really crunchy at the top *hehehe* And no one seems to notice how the crunchy part formed. Everyone said it was delicious with crunchy on the top skin and inner chewy alike. It turned out perfect *hihihi**



No comments: