Any way, it finally done. Why did I choose to make mango flavour? Mango is in season *yay yay* Everywhere you go you see mangos... on the side street, at the supermarket and hip at the local markets everywhere. They are cheap...cheap...cheap... only Rp.5000/kilo. And even our customers send mangos to the office *hihihi*
Mango Ice Cream
400 g Mango flesh, cut into small cubes and pureed
1. Whisk egg yolk with 25o ml of milk. Set aside.
2. Heat whip cream, remaining milk and sugar until start to bubbling. Turn off the heat.
3. Add in the egg mixture and salt. Stir thoroughly.
4. Heat again the mixture while keep stirring until it thickened. Turn off the heat.
5. Keep stirring to cool and then add in the mango puree.
6. Keep in freezer until it gets halfly frozen on the side then beat using mixer. Put back again to the freezer. Repeat until 2 or 3 times till you have reach your desired softness. Freeze overnight before serving.
1. Mix water and sugar, heat until sugar has dissolved. Strain and let cool before put in the fridge.
2. Blend mango, lime/lemon juice and the above sugar syrup until puree. Transfer to a container and cover with plastic wrap.
3. Freeze for 2 hours until halfly frozen. Then using a fork to scrap the sorbet. Put back to the freeze for 6-8 hour before serving.