Sunday 9 March 2008

When MoM Away

This the last day of my long weekend. I spent my days in the kitchen mostly. I made a cake on Friday (this will be my next post) and cooking on Sunday. My mom is away today. She went to Puncak yesterday with my bro and sis and her kids, left me, my dad and my little bro behind. So, left me to take care the two gentlemen. Yay! I'm in charge *hehehe*

I woke up a little later than usual and directly rushed to the market to prepare some meals for the three of us. With my limited knowledge of things in the market so I brought home only pork meat, pork ribs, 1 kg of bean sprout (I'm not "tukang bakmi" ya :p), peanuts and wintermelon. Since only left three of us so I only prepared just enough, we don't want to waste the food, rite?! hehehe... I prepared similar to pork chops, stir fry bean sprout ( just a handfull, not the whole 1 kg :p) and soup. I don't know the exact measurement, but I'd try to be as specific as I can.

Pork ribs and Peanut Soup
Source: my home cooking for long long time

Ingredients: (all ingredients are adjusted to how many are you serving)


Pork ribs
Peanuts
Water
Salt and pepper to taste


*Wash pork ribs and peanuts. Simply drop all into boiling water. Seasoned with salt and pepper to your taste. Simplest ever, rite?! Anyone can do this. I like this soup. It tastes a little bit sweet, a bit salty, and peanut fragrance. Good and healthy.


White pepper Pork Chops
Source: I've read somewhere but didn't take note. As far as I remember it uses white pepper as the main seasoning. So, I simply combine with my mom's style of deep fried pork.


Ingredients:


350 g Pork meat, slice thinly
2-3 tbsps White pepper
1 1/2 tbsps Sugar
2 tbsps Dark soy sauce
1 tbsps All purpose flour


*Marinate the meat with white pepper, sugar and soy sauce. Keep in the fridge for 15-30 minutes. Mix in the flour just before frying. It taste spicy from the pepper and sweet. Good to be eaten with steam rice or snacks :p


Last dish of the day was Stir fry bean sprout with garlic. Nothing special of this dish, but my family loves this :p


No comments: