Saturday 1 March 2008

Tiramisu

My first tiramisu. I just found out that mascarpone cheese is really expensive :( I bought a cup of Italian made mascarpone on Friday at the food place in Senayan City. I have kept postponing to make tiramisu for quite long time. I already planned and bought the lady fingers first more than six months ago. Can you imagine? hehehe.
So, I just followed the recipe thought by m-corner and excluded the kahlua. I like kahlua very much :p but I just didn't have enough time and didn't know where to get it in Jakarta. Anyway, it still tasted very nice, hm... I like most the mascarpone cream, fattening.. I know, but I couldn't help it :p Next time, I want to serve my tiramisu in small cups and just using marcarpone, cream and chocolate powder, nothing else :)


Tiramisu

Source: m-corner

Ingredients:

450 g Mascarpone cheese (I used 500 g) at room temperature

1/2 cup Sugar

4 Egg Yolks

1 cup Whipping cream

2 packages of Lady fingers

1 1/2 cup Espresso + 3 tbsps of sugar for dipping the lady fingers

Unsweetened chocolate powder

Directions:

1. Beat egg yolks in a hear proof bowl till fluffy and add in sugar.

2. Put the bowl on a pan with simmering water. Keep beating until pale and thickened. The cream will thickened just about the boiling point. Set aside.

3. Using a spatula mash the mascarpone cheese. Pour in the egg and sugar mixture, stir well.

4. Whipp the cream until stiff and fold into the mascarpone mixture. Mix well.

5. Dip lady fingers in espresso and line on the spring form pan. Pour half of the cream on the lady fingers. Dip the remaining lady fingers in espresso and line on top of the cream. Pour in the remaining cream. Sprinkle with chocolate powder. Store in a fridge for 3 or 4 hours or overnight (cause I made it last night :p).

No comments: