Sunday 16 March 2008

Kolak Bunga Biji Salak Campur

I got flu *hiks hiks hiks* It's been few days since Monday but i still forced myself to come to work. As you may guess, YES, it's getting worst and finally I "tepar" on my bed last Friday. I did take rest in the morning :p I just couldn't stay on bed the whole day *hehehe* naughty me :)




So, I was tyding up my cupboard where I store my cooking and baking stuffs and I found I still kept a pack of Sago flour and decided to make Kolak. My grandpa always have sweet potatoes stock in our kitchen and this can be added to my kolak. And I called it the Kolak Bunga Biji Salak Campur since I shaped them into flowers instead of cubes and snake skin fruit's seed shape *hihihi* If translated into english it sound like Sago and Chewy Sweet Potato in Coconut Milk. I really don't know how people named this Indonesian traditional dessert :p



Ingredients:

Nearly 1 pack of Sago flour
Hot water
around 500 g of Sweet potatoes, peeled, steam and mashed
around 1000 ml of coconut milk from 1 grated coconut
400 g of Coconut sugar "gula jawa"
4 tbsps of Sugar
Pandan leaves


Directions:

1. Take 3/4 of the sago flour and add in hot water little by little and keep stirring until you get the dough is smooth and not sticky to your hand. Roll and cut them into flower shapes. Set aside.


2. Mixed mashed sweet potato and remaining sago flour. Add in hot water and keep stirring until you get the dough is smooth and not sticky to your hand and shapeable. Shape into flower shapes. Set aside.


3. Melt the gula jawa with a bit of water until dissolved. Strain.


4. Put coconut milk in a pot and add in all sago flowers and sweet potato flowers when it just about to boil. Add in melted gula jawa, sugar and pandan leaves. Cook until the flowers all come up to the surface.


That's how I made my KOLAK :)


No comments: