Saturday 14 June 2008

Nasi Uduk / Nasi Lemak / Steam rice in coconut milk

Wow.. this is the most exhausted meal I ever made. I've been standing from the time I woke up around 7 a.m till 1 p.m. By the time I finished all people already had their lunch :( Couldn't wait any longer for me. Plus a dissaster when cooking the Nasi Uduk using rice cooker, I forgotten to push the button to start cooking *hu..hu..hu* My brother noticed that when he was waiting for the rice done. For the side dishes along with the nasi uduk I prepared yummy chicken wings, fried beancurd, and hot peanut, tempeh & anchovy. I prepared all by myself ..phu... But it was all worthed every single minutes I spent. My bf said it was very delicious and he even went for the second round.


Nasi Uduk:
Rice, wash and rinse
Coconut milk
2 Salam / bay leaves
2 lemon grass (take the white part only and bruised)

Using a rice cooker and add all in together. Adjust the coconut milk to the amount of the rice. Then prepare the other things, just let the machine do for you :p



Fried Beancurd:
Cut beancurds into squares and lightly sprinkle some salt then fry in lots amount of oil until golden brown.



Hot Peanut, Tempeh and Anchovy:
A handfull of peanuts, fried until golden brown
Tempeh, cut into small squares and fried until golden brown
A handfull of anchovies, washed and fried until crispy
250 g red chillies
4 cloves of garlic
8 shallots
A thin slice of shrimp paste / terasi

Ground chillies, garlic, onion and shrimp paste. Heat few tablespoons of oil in a wok and add in the ground ingredients keep stirring on low heat until fragrant. Add in sugar, salt, lemon juice. Adjust to your taste. Finally add in all peanuts, tempeh and anchovies. Stir to cover for a minute and serve.


Chicken Wings (source: detik food) I doubled the recipe.
24 chicken wings, clean and take only the upper part of the wings
To Marinate:
200 ml milk
4 cloves of garlic, grounded
4 tsps of ground onion
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsps salt

Marinade the chicken wings for 1 hour in the fridge.

To Dip:
100 g flour
100 g rice flour
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsps salt
300-400 ml water

Dip each wings and fry until golden brown.

* Serve the Nasi Uduk with fried shallots and thin slice omelette.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]letsbaketogether.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Here is a fact for you. Recent Research shows that closely 70% of all U.S. grownups are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.